Climate Change increases the risks of floods for the populations living along the Congo River. Photo Alba Saray Pérez Terán
Cultivation of improved vegetable crops enhances the adaptive capacity of populations living along the Congo River. Photo Alba Saray Pérez Terán
Waterway transport is highly used by people in the DRC. Decrease in river levels and silting constitute a- serious obstacle to this activity. Photo Alba Saray Pérez Terán
COBAM pilot projects’ mentor explains the rationale of synergies between adaptation and mitigation during the provincial launch of the ‘COBAM-Lukolela »pilot project at Mbandaka. Photo Alba Saray Pérez Terán
COBAM pilot project nursery leaders receive kit to start their activities. Photo Alba Saray Pérez Terán
COBAM aims to provide policymakers, practitioners and local communities with the information, analysis and tools they need to implement policies and projects for adaptation to climate change and reduction of carbon emissions in the forests of the Congo Basin, with equitable impacts and co-benefits – including poverty reduction, enhancement of ecosystem services, and protection of local livelihoods and rights. COBAM is implemented by CIFOR under the African Development Bank grant to the Economic Community of Central African States for financing the Congo Basin Ecosystems Conservation Support Program.
- The importance of working at the science-society interface for adaptation to climate change in local territories of Latin America: case studies of Bolivia, Chile and Argentina - 16 September 2013
- Ecosystem-based adaptation in marine, terrestrial and coastal regions - 27 June 2013
- Ecosystem-based adaptation for smallholder subsistence and coffee farming communities in Central America - 14 June 2013
Adaptation layer case studies
- Facing Changes in African Forests - 24 February 2014
- Ecosystem-based adaptation and climate change vulnerability - Choiseul Province, Solomon Islands - 21 January 2014
- Research on Integrating Community-based Participatory Carbon Measurement and Monitoring with Satellite Remote Sensing and GIS in a Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) System for REDD+ - 16 January 2014
No events found.